Headwaters Trails Alliance (HTA) is a nonprofit advocacy organization for trails in scenic Grand County, Colorado. Surrounded by mountain peaks and passes, Grand County streams are the headwaters of the Colorado River. Our primary goal is to provide high quality trails linking towns and recreational areas within Grand County, with secondary trail systems connecting historical, cultural and recreational sites near our communities. HTA is a Colorado 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.Download Our Grand County Master Trails Plan DRAFT
The mission of Headwaters Trails Alliance is to preserve, enhance, and promote sustainable, high quality, multi-use trail opportunities in Grand County.
Objectives & Purpose:
- To identify, maintain, and expand an accessible, interconnecting trail system in Grand County for appropriate multi-user groups
- To link and protect significant resources along trails through the support of volunteers and public and private partnerships
- To promote the appreciation, preservation, and enjoyment of trails through education
- To promote cooperation and respect among various user groups to further enhance the quality of existing and future trails in Grand County
- To coordinate monetary, informational, and personnel resources within and outside Grand County to further the planning, development and maintenance of trails in Grand County for the benefit of the public
- To review, recommend and assist in the implementation of grants and grant proposals
- To collaborate with Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Forest Service and other community trail organizations to identify, build and maintain sustainable regional trail connections between the seven counties that border Grand County for appropriate multi-user groups
Board Meetings are held the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the Granby Road and Bridge office in the second floor conference room. Please call (970) 726-1013 if you would like to be put on the agenda.